Pre-open trade session is a 15 minute trade session from 9:00AM to 9:15AM on the 50 stocks of NIFTY index to reduce the volatility.
This was introduced on Indian stock market from 18th Oct 2010 onwards. Both NSE and BSE will have a 15 minute ‘pre-open session call auction’ from 9:00AM to 9:15AM.
Only 50 stocks of the NIFTY index can be traded during this time on both NSE and BSE. Normal trading for all other stocks will start at 9:15AM till 3:30PM.
- Related :
- Holidays – Indian Stock Market
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE)
Recommended Read :
- How to Pick Profitable Stocks?
- What is a Stock Market?
- What is Capital Market?
- What is Primary Market?
- What is Secondary Market?
- What is a Demat Account?
- How to Set Up a Demat Account?
- Demat Shares Shares in Electronic Form
- What is a Share Or Stock?
- What is a Face Value of a Share?
- Indian Stock Market Trading Hours
- Guide for Stock Trading in India
- Indian Online Stock Market Trading
- Market Timing of Indian Stock Markets
- Indian Stock Market Holidays
- What is Volatality?
- What is a Volatile Market?
- What is Pre Open Trade Session?
- What is STT All About Securities Transaction Tax?
- Risk of Investment in Shares
- IIP Data and Stock Markets
- Online Trading Brokers in India
- Fundamental Analysis of Shares
- Can I Make Money From Share Market
- What is Day Trading Risks in Day Trading?
- Risk Share Market Investments
- Accounting Value of The Stock
- What is BSE SENSEX?
- Investing in Share Market
- What is Dividend?
- What are Bonus Shares?
- What are Blue Chip Companies?