Health Insurance Awareness
Health Insurance is new in our country and though there is a rising demand for health insurance and people are understanding the importance of availing health insurance, the truth is that most of the people who have insured themselves doesn’t have a full understanding of the product. This leaves them with less choices and also they are unable to extract the most out of the premium paid by them. At times, their claims are rejected as they dont follow all the rules and procedures that they need to follow to get their claims reimbursed.
Emergency and Planned Hospitalisation
For medical purpose, one is faced with two situations. One is that you have faced an emergency and you rush to the hospital for treatment and another situation is that when you are aware that after few days , you need to avail medical treatment. The latter situation is termed as Planned Hospitalisation.
Informing in Advance
When you come to know that you will have to be admitted for medical treatment after few days, it is your duty to inform the insurance company or the third party administrator (TPA). The form is available with the TPA, in the company’s website and it is also attached with the policy document. You need to quote the intimation reference and also inform the tentative cost. Its always good to be aware of the facilities you can avail.
Recommended Read :
- Cashless – Not Always Cashless
- Reimbursement vs Cashless?
- What is Emergency Hospitalisation?
- How to Get Health Insurance for The Aged?
- How to Select a Health Insurance Plan?
- Individual vs Family Floater Health Insurance
- Selecting Your Health Insurance Provider
- What Exactly is Lifetime Renewal of Health Insurance?
- Cashless Hospitalisation – Not Always Cashless
- How to Change Health Insurance Provider?
- How to Escalate If Your Health Claims Gets Rejected?
- Portable Health Insurance – Avoid Claim Rejections
- Portable Health Insurance Risks Involved
- Reimbursement vs Cashless
- Types of Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Women Maternity Coverage
- What is Day Care Hospitalization Health Insurance?
- Common Pre Existing Diseases Health Insurance
- Role of TPA in Health Insurance
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Health Insurance
- Possible Reasons for Health Insurance Claim Rejection
- Quick Health Insurance Policy – Beware
- What is Network Hospital for Health Insurance?
- Emergency Hospitalisation
- Critical Illness Policy
- Preventive Health Care Plan
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- Indemnity Based Health Plans
- What is An OPD Cover Health Insurance?
- Myths On Health Insurance