The dictionary meaning of reimbursement says “compensation paid for the damage, losses or money already spent. Well, the dictionary meaning holds true in this case also. An insurance reimbursement is “first you pay the amount from your own pocket for the losses incurred and the insurer will reimburse you”, according to the conventions of the insurance plan you have chosen.
Benefits of Insurance Reimbursement
- You can choose your desired hospital at your desired location if it’s a health insurance or you can choose your desired spare part for your automobile in case of auto insurance.
- Less premium to be paid compared to the Cashless Insurance policy
- You do not have to carry any special documents for your urgent hospital needs which are required in case of Cashless Insurance policy
Of course there is a disadvantage too; you should have cash ready always to meet the unforeseen situation to pay for the bills. It’s not a problem if you care for little premium rates. And it takes time for reimbursement to get approved and finally to get cash to your hand.
Note: Please collect and hold record of all the bills, receipts and other documents required to get the reimbursement.
Recommended Read :
- How to claim an Insurance Cover?
- Step By Step Methods to Handle Insurance Claim Rejection
- What is Insurance Reimbursement?
- How to Handle Denied Life Insurance Claim Rejection Appeal?
- Insurance Claim Denial
- 5 Tips to Prevent Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
- Possible Reasons for Health Insurance Claim Rejection
- How to Escalate If Your Health Claims Gets Rejected?
- Why Reimbursement is Better Than Cashless Health Insurance?
- Role of TPA in Health Insurance
- Cashless Hospitalisation not always Cashless
- Insurance without Medical Check – Alert
- Common Pre Existing Diseases Health Insurance
- Change Health Insurance Provider without Losing Your Credits
- Minor Repairs Claim Vs No Claim Bonus
- How Many Times Can I Claim Car Insurance?
- Vehicle Modification Insurance Rejection
- How to Claim Travel Insurance?