Equity based Gold Funds are funds which are focused on investing in stocks of gold mining companies. Mutual Funds invest the money they have collected from the public to invest in various stocks depending upon the investment objective of that fund.
The basic essence of mutual fund is investing across a variety of stocks to minimise the risks associated with the market by way of diversification. But Equity based Gold Funds are sectoral funds which means that the fund invests in stocks related to a particular sector.
Gold – An Appreciating Asset
Traditionally it has been observed that gold is an appreciating asset but investing in the metal has associated risks related to safety and storage. Gold funds enables the investors the option to invest without those inherent risks. Also it is a known fact that as the price of gold increases, the profit earned by gold mining companies also increase. Investing directly in the stocks do expose investors to company related risks, but the potential to yield higher returns is more with these stocks rather than gold ETFs.
Investing in Equity based Gold Funds are riskier but have potential to generate higher returns in the long term as in the long run, they are able to even out the eventual setbacks and a good bet to counter financial instability.
Recommended Read :
- Is Gold Investment a Stupid Idea?
- What are Risks in Gold Investments?
- What is The Tax Impact On Gold Investments?
- Ways to Invest Gold in India Types of Gold Investment
- Best of Gold Investments Coin Gold Bar Jewellery ETF E Gold
- Difference Between E Gold and Gold ETF ?
- Benefits of Gold ETF
- What is Assay Certification?
- What is E Gold?
- How to Invest in Gold ETF Online?
- Gold Futures Vs Gold ETF
- What is Gold Mutual Fund?
- What are Gold Futures?
- What is a Certified Gold Coin?
- Govt Gold Scheme Understanding Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Methods to Select the Best Mutual Funds
- What are Mutual Funds?
- Types of Mutual Funds in India
- 5 Types of Popular Mutual Funds in India
- Understanding Mutual Funds Returns?
- Fixed Deposit Vs Mutual Fund
- Real Estate Vs Mutual Fund
- SIP Vs Mutual Fund
- Mutual Fund Investment Strategy
- Mutual Funds in India
- What is Net Asset Value (NAV)?
- Open Ended Mutual Fund Scheme
- Close Ended Mutual Fund Scheme