Safe ATM Banking. Things to note while doing ATM Banking
We love technology because it is one of the pioneers which have made our life so easy. Life has changed drastically after the advent of the internet. And one of the best technological inventions made which is used and appreciated throughout the world is ATM banking. No one had a thought even in the wildest of their dreams that they could access their money, check balances and deposit money from anywhere, everywhere, anytime and everytime. Go to a foreign country (say USA) and your ATM card can be used to withdraw money in US dollars while the same amount gets deducted in Rupees (at exchange rates). And the best part is it is so easy. Be it a person from affluent class or a small farmer from a village, ATM can be used easily by all.
However, technology is a two-faced phenomenon which has a good side and an evil side. It has no doubt made our life easy, but there are several issues as well. ATM is no exception to this rule. ATM banking is powerful but its power can be exploited to a great extent. Its however not so difficult to ward off the risks associated with ATMs. Few simple steps can go a long way to maintain the security.
What is safe ATM banking?
Safe ATM banking is minimizing the exposure to the risks associated with it. It ensures the safety levels of all your banking activities which you get in the bank itself. Safe ATM banking also involves following few basic but important steps to protect the misuse of your card.
Risks with ATM banking
The risks with ATM banking are:
- PIN leak: This is done by keeping a thin gel pad on number pad. When the customer enters the PIN, the imprints are captured on the gel pad.
- Burglary: This is common when ATM machines are installed in dim lit areas, lax security, no CCTV cameras in place and remote locations like backyard of a bank.
- Attacks: This is a common occurrence especially in the night or in absence of guard.
Things to note while doing ATM banking
- Do not forget to cover the numerical pad with your other hand when you enter secret code at ATM
- Make sure that the CCTV camera is not pointed towards the keypad.
- Access ATM which is guarded by security personnel.
- Do not access ATM centers in dim lit or remote areas.
- If you feel something unusual on number pad of ATM machine, do not use it.
- Do not allow anyone to enter while you use ATM.
The bank makes sure it leaves no stone unturned to secure the money of its customers. But we must not forget that it is our money as well and hence we have equal responsibility to take precautions. To conclude, practicing safety measures goes a long way to ensure that your money remains with you, literally!
Recommended Read :
- What is ATM Banking?
- What is An ATM Card? How to Use Your ATM Card?
- What is a Debit Card?
- What is ATM Skimming?
- Cdm Banking How to Deposit Cash in a Cdm Machine
- Lost ATM Card Steps to Take After You Lose Your ATM Card
- Beware of ATM Thief – Methods to Protect Your ATM Banking
- Safe ATM Banking Methods to Make ATM Banking Safe
- Home Loan Scams Dangers Risks Bribing Middleman
- Beware of Personal Loan Frauds
- Can Hackers Steal Money Risks of Mobile Banking
- 10 Safety Tips – Credit Cards
- Beware of Card Theft
- How to make ATM Banking Safe
- Beware of ATM Thief
- Reswiping Cards at Merchant Outlets
- Steps to Take after you Lose ATM Card
- What is Real Estate Bubble?