Health Insurance for the Aged
Insurance coverage is vital for senior citizens who are no longer employed but rely on their pension and the interest received from banks.
As aged citizens, medical emergencies often become a necessity and it can also put a huge financial burden if you have retired, and hence the only safe option is to opt for a health insurance plan.
If you are aged between 65 years and 80 years then you are eligible for a senior citizen health insurance plan.
Recommended Read : How to Get Life insurance for Senior Citizen?
Getting a senior citizen Medical insurance
There are a variety of insurance companies that offer health insurance for senior citizens, however once you have crossed the age of 50 getting an insurance plan become increasingly difficult. Initially you will have to undergo certain medical examinations and tests which are to be funded by the insurer himself to get the insurance approved.
Premium and Tax Benefits
Sometimes you may become physically unfit for the medical insurance coverage and sometimes even if you are fit, getting a coverage that suits your needs may become tedious. But do not worry! No agency can impose a heavy premium to a senior citizen or deny them an insurance coverage. Once you get a senior citizen health insurance, you also enjoy certain tax benefits along with the same.
Recommended Read : How to Select Health Insurance?
What are covered in Health Insurance
Once you avail the health insurance for the elderly, you will be covered against hospital bills, special tests, medicinal expenses, ambulance charges and any pre-existing illnesses. Hence, investing in a senior citizen health insurance plan takes the burden off your shoulders and gives you peace of mind while you encounter any medical emergency or treatment.
Quality Treatment without worrying about Medical Bills
The insured senior citizen will get quality treatment without compromising on the heavy medical expenses and can avail the best medications and advice. With growing old age, medical expenses also get sky rocketed hence getting a health insurance coverage proves beneficial.
Important Points to check
- Individual health coverage includes hospital bills, medical bills and various other expenses at a much lesser premium than family coverage plans.
- Never select a plan based on premium rather look at a speedy claim settlement
- Check if you can get additional covers and other adhoc expenses included into the plan
- Always keep in mind to opt for a cashless facility
- Look into packages that offer you a little something extra in terms of benefits.
- Choose an insurance provider that offers you less paper work, less hassle and is customer friendly.
- Select a provider that lets you avail tax benefits for the premium amount.
- Check if the insurance provider offers portability policy to shift to another provider if you are not satisfactory.
- Also getting a global coverage anywhere in the world will be an added bonus.
- Check whether pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation costs are covered
- Carefully read the exclusions and inclusions. This is very important, it is easy to ignore in the fine prints. Compare it with other insurance providers
Recommended Read :
- How to Get Health Insurance for The Aged?
- How to Select a Health Insurance Plan?
- Individual vs Family Floater Health Insurance
- Selecting Your Health Insurance Provider
- Cashless Hospitalisation – Not Always Cashless
- How to Change Health Insurance Provider?
- How to Escalate If Your Health Claims Gets Rejected?
- Portable Health Insurance – Avoid Claim Rejections
- Portable Health Insurance Risks Involved
- Reimbursement vs Cashless
- What is Cashless Hospitalization?
- Types of Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Women Maternity Coverage
- What is Day Care Hospitalization Health Insurance?
- Common Pre Existing Diseases Health Insurance
- Role of TPA in Health Insurance
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Health Insurance
- Possible Reasons for Health Insurance Claim Rejection
- Quick Health Insurance Policy – Beware
- What is Network Hospital for Health Insurance?
- What is Planned Hospitalisation?
- Emergency Hospitalisation
- Critical Illness Policy
- Preventive Health Care Plan
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- Indemnity Based Health Plans
- What is An OPD Cover Health Insurance?
- Myths On Health Insurance
- Life Insurance for Senior Citizens
- Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- Whole Life Policy Insurance Without Limit of Age?
- How to Select The Best Pension Plan Retirement Plan?
- Fixed Deposit for Retired Citizens
- Reverse Mortgage in India a Boon for Senior Citizen